Monday, January 30, 2012

2 days to go

Wow I having been working around the clock this last month. Its two days until I said I would have my site up and there is still so much to do. I am very excited but very busy. I spent the day drawing up and simplifying my size chart( since my sizes are going to be different than commercial patterns and based on body type and curve level. But there are so many different combinations of possibly measurements that it took a while to type that up and simplify my sizes charts so that they would be easily readable.
I also need to finish and test four patterns. I want to be adding about 3 patterns weekly to my pattern line. That way I can always have something new for my beginner seamstresses.
Starting a business is a lot of work and I haven't been getting much sleep. I have been going to bed at 1:00 in the morning and waking up at 4:00 to get everything done. I usually don't drink coffee but at the moment it is my best friend. I would give advice to anyone who wants to start a business of any kind, even if it is another niche than sewing, It is very fun and if you go for something you enjoy. You will have a sense of accomplishment that gets stronger every day even before you have completely put everything together. It feels amazing but  if you are looking for something where you don't have to work and sleep until noon this is not for you. My husband is jealous and lonely and upset because I don't have any time. You will alienate your loved ones and become a hermit most of the time trying to get things done that need to be done.
If you want a sense of reward and still think that starting a business is for you than great you will be immensely rewarded and as I said before it feels amazing. I can already feel my life changing. But time manage and stick to a schedule or you will feel overwhelmed.   but I know that it is going to change my life and I am excited. I am also excited that I found a way to help others learn to sew as well as follow my design passion and that is exciting. Two more days till the website.Yay!!!!.
 Any thoughts or questions please post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment