Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm back

I've been offline for a while and I apologize. I have been very busy in the last few months. I started a new job. Also something tragic happened to my business and I lost all my data and all the patterns I had drafted to put on my website so I was unable to start my online store when I wanted to. I lost a years worth of work and that was a huge set back.  

 Fortunately the company I now work for is a temp agency and they haven't had any assignments for me in the last 3 weeks so I have been able to play catch up and am almost where I was when I lost my data. (I now have extra backup).

It takes a while to finish one pattern because I am drafting every pattern in different curve levels. The loss of my data however turned out to be a blessing though because it forced me to reevaluate my system and make it quicker. I am drafting my patterns on Photo Shop and I was doing one at a time but I found by having more than one draft open and adding a detail at a time it drastically cut the time that it took to draft my patterns. 

I was going to come up with a new pattern once every 2 weeks but now I should be able to do 2 a week.

I am excited because I am back on track after a few months of trying to catch up.

Any way that is what I have been up to.

I hope everyone is having a great 2012 and good wishes to all.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what they would like to see in a pattern line?

0 comments:

Post a Comment