Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dresses for the Hourglass figure

The Hourglass figure looks great in dresses. The wright dress can highlight the waist showing off that sexy S shape. However there are few things to remember when shopping for the perfect dress.
   Pick a style that skims your body and nips in at the waist.
  Simple styles are best. As I've said before you don't want to throw off your proportions.
  Wrap, sheath, and A-line dresses look great because they follow your curves.
   Try dresses cut on the bias they will skim your shapely body.
   Try a shirt-dress accessorized with a wide belt to emphasize your Hourglass figure.
  Avoid boxy shapes such as trapeze dresses.
  Strapless is not a good look when you have a full bust. The girls need support. (I know mine do). You can't get support with strapless unless you are under a C cup. 
   Avoid over-sized prints which will hide your curves, instead keep prints subtle or wear solid colored items.
 A fun thing I like to do is to play with color. Try mixing different complimentary colored pieces together to add interest. For example I love the way turquoise looks with butter yellow so I will wear a yellow dress with a bold turquoise necklace.

Hey, leave me a comment. I would love to have your input! I will respond to every comment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment